Why have an Adventurer program?
The Adventurer program is designed to support parents in assisting children with the challenging task of developing fully as followers of Christ in today’s world.
What is the Adventurer curriculum designed to accomplish?
- Children will, at their own level,commit their hearts and lives to Jesus Christ.
- Children will gain a positive attitude toward the benefits, joys, and responsibilities of living a Christian life.
- Children will acquire the habits, skills and knowledge needed to live for Jesus today.
- Parents and other primary care-givers will become more confident and effective as co-laborers with Christ for their children.
The Adventurer Club provides fun and creative ways for children:
- to develop a Christ-like character;
- to experience the joy and satisfaction of doing things well;
- to express their love for Jesus in a natural way;
- to learn good sportsmanship and strengthen their ability to get along with others;
- to discover their God-given abilities and to know how to use them to benefit self and serve others,
- to improve their understanding of what makes families strong.
The Adventurer curriculum takes the goals of the Adventurer program -- that children will commit their hearts and lives to Jesus Christ and that they will acquire the habits, skills, and knowledge to live for Jesus today -- and turns them into fun and practical activities that Adventurers will enjoy.
At each level, the curriculum encourages an age-appropriate, active learning approach. Instead of asking children to learn a great deal of factual information, it introduces them to general concepts. The children learn to apply these concepts to their own lives by participating in a wide variety of experiences.
The Adventurer curriculum is divided into six levels.
- The Little Lamb is for pre-kindergarten or 4 year olds.
- The Eager Beaver is for kindergarten or 5 year olds
- The Busy Bee level is for first-grade.
- The Sunbeam level for second-grade.
- The Builder for third-grade.
- The Helping Hand for fourth-graders.
Each level builds on the levels which came before it and is especially designed to interest, challenge, and provide successful experiences for children of that grade level.
To learn more about the Adventurer club please click here.